Everything You Need To Know About Express Entry To Canada
There are various ways one can immigrate to Canada. You need to the Visa that you are most eligible for and apply to get that. Students generally apply for study permit so that they can study and reside in Canada for a definite time period. If you want to work then there are ample options. A skilled person can immigrate under Express Entry to Canada.
WHAT IS EXPRESS ENTRY?
Express Entry or EE is basically an online based immigration application process. Through you can submit a profile or application online to be considered as a skilled immigrant in Canada. After the application is submitted the c candidates are selected as per their ranks determined by qualification, experience, etc. as per that they are allowed to apply for permanent residency.
HOW DOES EXPRESS ENTRY IN CANADA WORK?
Here are a few steps that will help you understand the Express Entry system better:
- There is a points system that determines the eligibility of the candidate. Once the profile for Express Entry is submitted the application is judged using the point system.
- If the candidates rank is high then they will be allowed to apply for permanent residency as a skilled immigrant.
- Once the application for permanent residency or PR is submitted it gets processed within a time frame of 6 months.
WHAT ARE THE PROGRAMS COVERED BY EXPRESS ENTRY?
You can apply for Express Entry under the following programs:
- Skilled Trades program
- Canadian Experience Class
- Skilled Worker program
- In certain cases, the candidates or applicants for Provincial Nominee Program in Ontario are also selected by using the Express Entry process.
THE ELIGIBILITY OF EXPRESS ENTRY
Given under are the eligibility criteria according to which the candidates are judged using the points system:
- Educational qualification of the applicant
- English language proficiency (French is also considered in certain cases)
- Age of the candidate
- Work experience and skill set
- It adds an edge if the candidate has a job offer in Canada
- If the spouse is moving with the candidate then their language proficiency and work experience also count.
- The candidate gets additional points if he/she has an education degree from a Canadian university.
These are the basic things that you need to know about Express Entry to Canada, before applying for permanent residency under that category.